Friday, August 31, 2012

"All around me are familiar faces..."

Well, it was bound to happen. I think I am going to take a leave of absence from facebook for awhile. Of course, I will be around for ministry purposes, or to stay in touch with friends I don't get to see any other way, but other than that, I plan to be absent. I won't be posting my comings and goings, nor will I be keeping up with anyone else's.

I want to spend time with people face-to-face. While facebook has been great for getting back in touch with people I love and miss in my life, I also find myself watching people say things they probably wouldn't say to someone if they were right in front of them. I'm tired of the unnecessary anxiety I feel when I see people post thinly veiled comments about other people, the state of their own relationships, or the state of other peoples' relationships. I'm tired of my own reaction when I see people pass judgment, lash out, or passive aggressively attack other people. And since I'm calling it like I see it, I'm tired of my own passive aggressiveness, as well.While there is so much good that happens because of facebook, I generally walk away disappointed that more people don't use it as a platform to encourage and uplift each other.

Because I would so miss my favorite part of facebook--looking at everyone's pictures--you can now find me on instagram @stephkonvicka. I don't know why I didn't join sooner, but I'm there now!

Want to get together and hang out face-to-face? Me too. Give me a call. I'd love to sit down and visit. 

No comments: