Wednesday, January 9, 2013

This little light of mine...

Maybe it is the student of literature or the writer in me, but I like themes. When I'm at loss with a piece of writing, my own or someone else's, the first place I go is theme. If I can nail that down, I have a place to begin figuring out everything else. I just ask: What's the point? And so it is with life.

After much prayer and consideration, I have arrived at my theme word for 2013: Shine. I have been hearing and seeing this word everywhere the last few weeks. It has been there in scripture, in music, in conversation, and once, in yoga class.

So there it is. My word for 2013: Shine. It is what I long for most. To shine light in to the dark places. To radiate truth. And love. To walk in this world in a way that illuminates the path for someone else. To radiate joy. To be nothing more than a reflection of the One who made the light.
 
 

No comments: