Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Let us begin.

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. --Mother Theresa

I love the potential in the first day of a new year. I love the symbolism of a new beginning. It makes it a little easier for me to start anew. I'm thinking today about where I want to be one year from now, but I know a certain truth, I only have today. And while I am a planner and a person who loves to check things off my list, the things I most want to see manifested in my life this year are in many ways intangibles. Too bad losing ten pounds is not at the top of my list. That would just be so much easier. But I know I'm being called to doing the things that are deeper than easy. And as scary or as difficult as that may be, I accept. I'm all in.

And so it begins. Today I will live a life of..

Simplicity
Peace
Courage
Faith
Hope
Love
Joy
Connection
Gratitude
Wholeness
Honesty

This virtuous list will go with me. In my car. On my nightstand. Tucked in my Bible. And I pray that if my path crosses yours in 2013, you will see these things manifested in me. I would consider myself blessed to bring them to you. Happy New Year. Let us begin.
 

No comments: