Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Waiting Place, Part III

Tonight my husband lies in a hospital bed just a couple of feet away from me as I write this. He is resting on the edge of what feels like is going to be a long night. An extension of a long day. I am tired and feeling a little more vulnerable than usual. And I have been plenty vulnerable lately.

Today we crossed a threshold in our Waiting Place. And I have to say that it is a relief I can't quite verbalize.  I am all about forward progress, and until today we have only been taking baby steps toward wellness for many months now. Baby steps can wear a person out. Today was a big step forward.

Who knows, in a week we may get news that makes the relief of today nothing but a vague memory. But to be honest, I don't care what we learn a week from now. I care about today. I care about the man lying in bed a couple of feet away from me. All I know is that today is better than yesterday. Tomorrow can worry about itself.

2 comments:

thatguy said...

So good news? I'm glad to hear it!

stephanie said...

Hi, Bri. The surgery went well. So I am incredibly relieved about that. Now we are waiting for the pathology report on the tumor. It should be about a week. So we shall see. Thanks for your concern and prayers. Blessings to you!