Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Understanding or lack thereof.

I have not been able to stop thinking today about how much my understanding of God has changed. Don't get me wrong here, I don't actually understand Him one bit.  In fact, the more my faith grows, the more mysterious He becomes. But I am learning more and more to appreciate the mystery.

What I also keep thinking about is this: He never changed. But I did. The more I stop trying to bully my way through ministry, relationships, and life in general, the more I see Him at work in those very areas of my life. When I give myself over to be used by God rather than trying to use God to get my own way, the more evident it becomes to me that He has been at work all along, I was just working against Him because I wasn't allowing myself to be used by Him.

He is a great big God and I pray I will never presume to understand Him, but will always seek to obey Him.

So I guess my question for you is: How has your understanding of God changed lately?

No comments: