Wednesday, June 29, 2011

All Things New

This morning I watched the sunrise. I just don't take the time to do this enough. To truly watch the day blossom right before my eyes. I watched this daily miracle unfold through the windshield of my car as I made my way through early morning traffic in Houston. I was on my way to pray with a friend and then wait as many other loved ones did today in hospitals everywhere for whatever is broken to be fixed. For another kind of miracle.

I couldn't help but be even more appreciative of the miracle of a beautiful sunrise as I praised God for the miracle of life, for the beauty of my friend, for her courage, for her new beginning.  I found myself overwhelmed by just how much God loves us, each one of us. I was reminded once again that He trusts us to each other's care. He gives us to each other to love.

Alexis is easy to love. She has a great big heart--that now has a little generator to keep it on track. It is a heart full of love for the least of these. For sick children. For the broken and broken hearted. For family and friends she loves like family. I'm incredibly thankful God gave her to me to love and I thanked Him for her all day today. I'm sure I will think of this day the next time I watch the sunrise. And I will remember the miracle of the promise God holds for us: He makes all things new. Everyday. We just have to pay attention.

No comments: